December has been a busy month, so I haven’t blogged much. Here’s some highlights:
- Athlete gig, with RJ at the Anson Rooms in Bristol (a venue that I love because it’s like going to a school disco and I half expect boys and girls to line up either side of the room and pick dance partners…).
- Home to Fair Oak for curry, beers and a good old catch up with my mum and step-dad.
- Lovely lunch with Ally, who makes the best fishcakes in the whole wide world, and a spontaneous meet up with Jon, who I haven’t seen for nearly ten years. That was a little bit crazy but really lovely. You should check out his wonderful band, The Great Sojourn.
- Mini break in Oxford: drinking wine out of mugs in our hotel room, Christmas shopping, running in the rain, eating moules, frites, French onion soup, yaki soba and ebi gyoza, travelling on buses, wondering round the colleges and taking it all in at the new Ashmolean museum.
- Dinner and Seth Lakeman gig in Cheltenham with Leigh and Katy. Really impressive performer, loved Kitty Jay played live by Seth alone.
- Partnership team Christmas dinner at Chesters – yummy Mexican food, bit too much wine, but nice company. And we were joined by Chris and Omar, who was visiting for the weekend, too.
- Leigh & Richard’s Christmas Open House – lots of delicious homemade vegan/veggie food, mulled wine, jasmine tea, good conversation and laughing with some lovely Worcester people.
- An early Christmas present in the shape of Tony Hawk Ride for the PS3. It hasn’t had great reviews from ‘serious’ gamers but it’s really fun. Pretty sure I missed my calling…
- Christmas at my sister’s house in Hertfordshire: Human Twister (not as good as Human Buckaroo), a remarkable number of bottles of wine, the best roast potatoes I’ve ever eaten, posh porridge, lots of quality family time (loooong chat with my favourite big brother!). Ultimately, a Christmas run by my awesome 10 year old nephew, so all presents were open by 9am.
- Second Christmas at my in-laws in Gloucester: brilliant homemade gingerbread men place settings, some really lovely presents (a new cafetiere!!), Trivial Pursuit, Chris’s ever-so-slightly dubious cocktails and delicious plum pickle and pigs in blankets.