1. Be a music journalist / have my own radio show (my old show on Southampton Hospital Radio – NOT RADIO LOLLIPOP – doesn’t count. The children’s ward didn’t appreciate the Pixies as it turned out).
2. Write a novel, win the Booker Prize (maybe the Nobel Prize for Literature once I have a body of work).
3. Be an architect – that’s got to be the coolest job in the world. It’s just a shame I don’t display any of the required competencies. Hence my planning degree *sigh* Needless to say, if I could do it, I’d be building massive iconic buildings all over the world.
4. Learn to ride a motorbike (this one is technically still possible, but I’m guessing being the first female MotoGP winner is pretty unlikely).
5. Be on old school Big Brother (no later than series 4 – this is clearly not possible).
6. Build my own house (and have it featured on Grand Designs) – still possible.
7. Live in another country for a while, not forever. I like Britain. Again, still possible.
8. Own a bookshop. Unlikely.
9. Become an academic, get my PhD, swan around campus, have a credit card that says Dr. J. H. Alarmingly likely – I will never be rich L
10. Be in a really cool band. I’d be happy to do anything – sing, play bass, be the drummer – seeing as I can’t do any of those things, but I would have to be the only woman in the band a la Kim Deal and my lyrical abilities would be akin to Paul Smith (“I love the tiny veins on your back/They remind me of the way that porcelain cracks”) or Guy Garvey (“I’m proud to be the one you hold when the shakes begin”).
Also, Omar got me my BusChallenge prize – Foals and Laura Marling. Thanks J