Things I have learnt today:
1. Cabinet reports don’t take a long time to write, as long as you know what you’re talking about (which, in all fairness, you probably should if you’re going to stand up in front of Cabinet members and talk). It’s the VERY SPECIFIC formatting that means it’ll probably take you an entire day to finish.
2. Wedding cakes cost more than you’d think (more on weddings later, no doubt).
3. On the upside, you get A LOT of attention and presents when you get engaged.
4. It appears that, as I get older, I am getting increasingly grumpy with a) trick or treaters (it’s blackmail – how is that something we should be encouraging?) and b) fireworks (it’s not even Bonfire Night, ffs…).
5. “I can’t believe it’s over” by Bent is a lovely song *sigh*.
6. Whilst I have a freaky ability to remember names and dates, my short term memory is appalling.
7. I really like using the word “appalling” – in almost any circumstance.
8. I also really like writing lists of things. I’m not sure how I’ve never noticed that fact before.